APLS - INVITES
DEBATE FOR A NATIONAL CONSENSUS - ISSUES
Our country needs direction and sense of purpose. The present political, economic and social system is not allowing that. We need strong honest leadership with vision in global environment and threat perception. The leadership should address the following issues for action to put the country on rails to development and welfare of people by withstanding the global competition. Hence, APLS invites an Intellectual debate on the following issues proposed for national consensus and also on,
"Where is that leader: that he-man / she-man?"
Following principles and objectives guided the ideas:
- Separation of powers in public life as basic principle.
- Separation of ownership from management of property in land and industry.
- Right to property and right to employment / unemployment allowance.
- Free competition in all spheres of economic life.
- Free flow of capital and labor throughout India and global market.
- Instant weeding of dead wood in economic world.
- Engines of growth in specialized areas with higher productivity than global and international standards to bring competitive edge in global value price mechanism.
- To do away system of reservations and subsidies for inefficiency at the cost of merit and ability.
- To root out political and bureaucratic corruption and break nexus of politician bureaucratic-criminals.
- To ensure liberty with security to all citizens as far as possible by upholding democratic rule of law.
- To maximize national gross domestic product with possible equal distribution of entitlements through social security.
- To bring about gram swaraj within the framework of centralized unified India in global network.
- To create a big home markets to its products and services in India in addition to global markets.
Land Ownership and Management:
- Land: complete set of land records with reference to ownership holding with title deeds to be computerized on national level as a mission.
- Ownership of land and management of land to be separated. Management of land should be entrusted to the asset management companies under the control of respective local bodies.
- Right to property in land, and right to sell right to transfer except possession and management still continue in persons.
- Asset management company (amc) will auction the leasehold rights, sale of properties and other forms of transfer of rights auction houses subject to such conditions as prescribed by central and local bodies.
- Land tax to go too central /local bodies. Differential rent out of auction income to go to owners of land.
- Urban land except to the extent of ceiling hold, will vest with urban bodies as owners and transferred to urban asset management companies except personal occupation it shall develop and auction the lease hold rights over sale of such property for the public body.
- Local bodies /central govt. shall frame rules of general application for guiding the asset management companies in management and transfer of asset s purely on business principles maximizing the returns on assets with minimum costs. Local body shall not meddle with the functioning of AMC' s in executing laws framed by it in accordance with business principles but like a citizen can complain against wrong decision or interpretation of laws before ordinary court of law.
- Land tax, differential rental income on its land property will go to central and local bodies on agreed base.
- Auction Houses as agencies of amcs for auctioning land in lots to contract farming
- Open auction for lease or management of lands allowing competition to all includes foreign direct investment.
- Free flow of capital and labor throughout country except sale and purchase of title deeds by or to non-citizens
- capitalist farming on purely business principal
- Strict enforcement of contract obligations and defaults entailing transfer back to AMC to auction houses.
- Reserving 40% of land for forest and environment protection purposes.
- Social Security Fund at National and Local Body Levels for income support to unemployed and children, old aged, and disabled persons
- Registration of citizens with local body in Employment Call Centers
- Health insurance to all workers other than self employed.
- Separation of powers extended to all political executive and administrative posts under the constitution and law
- Prime minister to be directly elected as executive head in the place of President.
- Separation of executive from legislative bodies at central and local body levels
- State legislative and executive separated. Governors as executive heads of center in state.
- Creation of separate international departments for nris, intellectual property, international broadcasting and commerce to protect and push forward Indian interests
Legislative criminal law reforms:
- Investigation, Prosecution and law and order in criminal justice system separated.
- Prosecution to have discretion to compound offences. Executive on par with citizen in complaining violation of laws and penalties before ordinary court of law
- False promises, fraudulent misrepresentations and perjury as serious offences entailing stripping of social, political rights and privileges
- Executive to faithfully carryout laws
- Legislative oversights over executive and right to summon and elicit true information for legislative decision-making
- Existing tax structure and sharing mechanism to continue.
- Land tax and revenue to be shared between central and local and municipal bodies.
- Revenue allocation under five heads
- Law and order.
- Statutory inspection and regulatory functions.
- Defense and foreign affairs.
- Social security fund.
- Contingent fund.
- All residuary rights to citizens only except in national emergencies and calamities.
- All local and municipal authority to maintain 40% land for forest and environment promotion.
- Educational, health and disable rights to be recognized. Children rights.
- Identifying the sectors in which our strength in global market price structures can be felt and promoting them as engines of growth for revenue generation.
- Industry: auto mobile, textile, agro industries, tourism, and spiritual industry.
- Service: consultancy firms as agencies of law and law enforcing bodies accountable to client, law and licensing executive body.
- Medical, engineering computer, lawsand other scientific professional, technical and non technical contract labor services to be exported to global markets as engines of growth.
- Corporatisation of services and production systems and individual appropriations based on entitlements of rents, dividends, interests and wages or salaries and for self employed through profits.
- Full economic freedom subjects only to law and good morality and health.
- Removal all subsidies to industry and commerce, including agricultural industries.
- Higher education, research and development, science and technology in core areas of selected engines of growth to act as driving force and state role as catalyst and active promoter.
- Stringent bankruptcy laws
- Inability to discharge financial contractual obligation in time to entail bankruptcy and transfer of property to asset management company of local authority or central level and will be put to auction to productive use of the property for debtor and to discharge the liability in contract.
- Credit rating of individual and organizations in contractual obligation continuous process
HRD and social security
- Individual as the unit.
- Family as the administrative unit for growth of moral and spiritual personality.
- Right to identity photo card and registration in employment call center anywhere in India including Jammu Kashmir.
- Right to employment and right to unemployment income supplement from social security fund.
- Right against discrimination in employment throughout India.
- Employment call centers at every local, municipal body limits, open to any unemployed person, with all India computerized net work.
- Consultancy firms for self employed to be accountable to their clients and law.
- Annual renewal of licenses for consultancy after passing periodical upgradation of knowledge tests.
- Labor contract firms on call centers to bargain and supply the non-technical labor.
- Employment and consultancy firms for international markets in scientific, labor and professional services.
- Government to strive globalization process in services at WTO and help private organizations to strive to remove all existing international restrictions on the movement of labor and services.
Present structure is in tune with the concept of separation of ownership an management and control. But the public sector is not tallying with this paradigm .the properties of public sector should be transferred too the public sector asset management company to be accountable to generate income on auction basis to the highest bidder.
- Entrepreneur shall have full freedom in allocating its given resources including labor and capital for maximizing his profits.
- complete freedom to hire and fire employees
- No reservations except merit in work places.
- Free competition and free flow of capita, land, labor in industry.
- Govt. to promote free competition and strict implementation of bankruptcy laws to weed out sick and inefficient units at thresh hold itself and to promote sanctity of contract and contractual obligations.
- Repeal of chapter V-B of ID act and any restrictions on right to start a unit, close a unit and right to hire and fire, to promote highest productivity and production in industry.
- Stripping of powers of political executive of any discretionary power impinging on the right of industry to promote productivity.
Proposed broad changes in constitution:
- Abolish the constitutional office of president.
- Prime Minister directly elected to be the executive president.
- Speaker of Lok Sabha as the head of the legislature elected by the members of parliament. Constitutional appointments to be ratified by both the houses before appointment by the president.
- Center- state relations changed. Repeal list 2 and transfer to the list 3 and change list 3 to 2. The list 2 is being the concurrent lists.
- Repeal of scheduled area laws and art 371 and similar provisions in the constitution providing special status inhibiting equality and free flow of capital and labor throughout country.
- Repeal of art 15(4), 16(4),'29,30, other art giving scope for defeating the merit and equality principal.
- Repeal the chapter directive principles of state policy from constitution.
- Addition of fundamental right to social security of person through right to employment or unemployment income supplement allowance BY ADDING WORD Social Security in art 21
- Shift of all rights reserved to citizens not specified in constitution or laws or contracts. Governor office retained and now to act as representatives of central executive president, appointed by the president.
- Constitutional immunity from prosecution to be limited to the constitutional functionaries while holding office only and the there shall be no immunity against the investigation of an offence and for prosecution once the immunity ceases on laying of the office.